Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Good news resting on the horns of a dilemma

Over the last few days, life has treated me well. It was on March 28th that the first bit of good news trickled in. After a series of B-School disasters of the MICA kind, I was rather chafed as I sat contemplating a long, bleak future coding away at a nameless terminal in a nameless software company, surrounded by other nameless engineers.

It was then that I received an admit into the Singapore MIT Alliance, with the SMA Grad Scholarship to boot. The thought of 1500 Sgd a month and a paid trip to MIT led to my life turning into a veritable orgy of celebration.

And then, on April 16, rested in my junk mail folder the following letter.

Dear Siddhu Warrier,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for
participation to the European Master in Informatics (EuMI).

Furthermore, your name has been proposed to the European Commission
for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship. You will receive a grant of 21000 EUR per year.

Please confirm your interest in participating to EuMi. Thank you.

Best regards,
Marco Pistore
(Coordinator of EuMI)


And now, I know what it means to be on the horns of a dilemma. Any opinions, anyone? Most academics I know recommend this – the course being at University of Edinburgh and RWTH Aachen University in Germany. But then, the SMA deal seems sweet.

However, I must say the last few days have made up for my ridiculously pathetic performance in Class XII, and I just can’t stop jumping about in joy.

No comments: